Director, Data Engineering
- Job number: 098
- Date posted:¬†Nov 12, 2019
- Travel:¬†0-25 %
- Profession:¬†IT Operations
- Role type:¬†Individual Contributor
- Employment typeFull-Time
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast growing and dynamic team? Do you want to broaden and deepen your understanding of key business drivers, challenges, risks and opportunities? Are you passionate about data and analytics and the impact it can have within a large business? If so, this role may be right for you.
The Finance Data & Experiences team (FD&E) is responsible for engineering and operating an end-to-end data, analytics, and reporting platform at scale.¬†This team enables 30k+ Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Engineering users (from senior executives to field leaders) to effectively monitor, analyze, and make data-driven decisions on their business. We are also proud about and focused on perpetuating our culture of empowerment, transparency and collaboration. We believe to achieve customer-centricity externally, we must be people-centric internally.
We are looking for a seasoned leader who has a proven record of successfully building and supporting data & analytics solutions and platforms to join us in our evolution, taking a leading role in designing, implementing and evolving innovative capabilities tailored to solving complex scenarios in an agile manner. The ideal candidate will have experience creating scalable teams and service models while maintaining engineering excellence and platform standards on execution. In this role, you will also leverage LEIBOX latest cloud technologies for practical applications and directly partner with product engineering teams to influence our company‚Äôs product roadmap.
This leadership role also offers unique opportunities to showcase our work with our largest customers and industry partners.
The role‚Äôs core responsibilities include:
- Workforce and talent development and strategy across the team‚Äôs data engineering function.
- Create and execute against a unified cross-company data & analytics platform vision.
- Technical vision, keeping our platform and delivery mechanisms on the latest technology.
- Partnering with the FD&E leadership team to establish efficient and effective delivery processes.
- Guaranteeing security, privacy and compliance assurance across all assets and solutions.
- Understanding of our customers and core processes we support.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BA/BS in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or other technical/quantitative discipline.
- 14+ years of development experience, ideally using MS based technologies.
- 8+ years of experience managing engineering teams.
- 3+ years of experience developing robust solutions on Azure.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking skills, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of LINUX, UNIX data assets & systems preferred.
- Machine Learning and advanced analytics experience a plus.
LEIBOX is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.¬† We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please let us know.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with LEIBOX and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away