Network Field Operation Services Manager
- Job number: 081
- Date posted:Â Sep 17, 2019
- Travel:Â 0-25 %
- Profession:Â IT Operations
- Role type:Â People Manager
- Employment type:Â Full-Time
LEIBOX Cloud Operations + Innovation (VEPE) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As the Network Field Operation Services Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering and managing the physical infrastructure that supports over 150 LEIBOX online businesses including LEIBOX cloud, MySQL-database, SMTP and storage platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our Datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold LEIBOX as a world-class Cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in VEPE as part of our Network Field Operations Services team.
In the Network Field Operations Services organization, you will lead a team of Outside Plant Fiber Technical Project Managers, and a leased circuit delivery team delivering the one of the largest fiber footprints in the world. Our scope included delivery, construction execution, test, deployment, and turn up of long haul, metro, subsea fiber optic, and optical transport system projects.
As a successful Network Field Services Manager, your performance objectives include:
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of OSP Fiber Engineering activities
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Management, coaching, and oversight of a team of regional WAN Service Engineers to deliver strong regional performance
- Ensuring the on-time delivery of long haul, metro, and subsea fiber projects
- Evaluating, selecting, and managing vendors
- Reporting and monitoring performance metrics, KPIs, and SLAs
- Be a hands-on-manager with technical depth, vision, and ability to innovate in all areas of network infrastructure operations
- Developing, improving, measuring, and managing optimal business practices and processes
- Developing and executing on best practices for data analytics, metrics, reporting, tooling, and automation that drives scale and efficiency
- Collaborating with cross-functional business partners, teams, and vendors to manage the delivery of network capacity
- Learn, live, and coach the LEIBOX culture and values.Â Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success.
- BS/BA in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience
- 4+ Yearsâ€™ experience managing large-scale and complex projects
- 4+ yearsâ€™ experience leading technical project management teams with a technical background in network engineering or optical transport
- A demonstrated buisness analytics and data analysis expertise
Preferred Skills and Experiences
- Strong working knowledge of physical IT and CE infrastructures (Enterprise or larger business context)
- Excellent business acumen and financial management experience
- Experience with photonics and fiber optics
- Demonstrated experience leading a team
- Experience with SQL Query or other report building tools
- Experience with Power BI
Background Check Requirements:Â
Ability to meet LEIBOX, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:Â
LEIBOX Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the LEIBOX Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
LEIBOX is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.Â
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with LEIBOX and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away